Are there any prerequisites?While there are no prerequisites for most courses offered by Learning Partnerships, we do ask that you complete a short general Language , Literacy and Numeracy Assessment. It is bench marked at a year 10 level of education. This assessment is simply for our staff to be aware of if you do require any additional language, literacy and numeracy assistance throughout your qualification. You will also need access to:
- a computer - Learning Partnerships do have Student Computers available for use for all students to pop in and study through the week
- Internet - All assessment material, additional readings and videos are found on our student portal.
- An email address - Most of our correspondence is through e-mail
- A USI number - If you do not have one, or do not remember this, please let our staff know so we can assist you in the creation/retrieval of your number
What is a USI Number?The USI is a reference number made up of ten numbers and letters that: creates a secure online record of your recognised training and qualifications gained in Australia, from all training providers you undertake recognised training with. will give you access to your training records and transcripts. If you are a new or continuing student undertaking nationally recognised training, you need a USI in order to receive your qualification or statement of attainment. If you don't have a USI you will not receive your qualification or statement of attainment. If you are an international student studying offshore and do not intend on coming to Australia to do your study you do not need a USI. However, if you are an Australian expat or resident student studying offshore with an Australian training organisation, you will need a USI. If you are an International student who will be studying in Australia you will require a USI. All international students in Australia will have been issued with an Australian Visa. Once you have arrived in Australia your visa will be activated and you will be able to apply for a USI. For more information and to apply for a USI number visit https://www.usi.gov.au
I have significant experience can this be recognisedRecognition of Prior Learning is a pathway for completing a qualification when you have significant experience in the area of the qualification. You can RPL a full qualification or a part of a qualification. Upon application, we will have an interview with you to understand your background, experience and previous qualifications to determine how we can maximise the amount of Recognition of Prior Learning available. In order to demonstrate Recognition of Prior Learning it is necessary to map experience to all the learning outcomes of the module(s) outlined in Training.gov.au. For more information visit our Recognition of Prior Learning Page.
How much are your qualifications?
|Course||Up Front||Flexible Payment|
|User Choice**||$1300 School-Based Trainee - $500||N/A|
|Certificate 3 Guarantee**||Non-Concessional - $500 Concessional - $300||N/A|
|Higher Skills Level||Currently Unavailable||N/A|
Is there any government funding that I can accessThe Queensland State Government provides incentives and funding to support training and skilling of people through Traineeships (User Choice) and Certificate 3 Guarantee program. For more information refer to our Government Funding Page to see whether you may be eligible. For employers bringing on a trainee the variables that can influence funding are considerable and will be assessed by an Apprenticeship Network Provider.
Do you provide VET Student LoansLearning Partnerships does not provide VET Student Loans. However, there are several options to you.
- Pay upfront and receive a discount of 10%
- Pay over the duration of your studies to Learning Partnerships weekly - fortnightly or monthly with a $500 enrolment fee.
- Obtain a private personal loan over a period of 3-5 years and pay upfront and receive your discount of 10%. Bank of Queensland Castletown provide unsecured personal loans at very competitive rates. For more information Castletown-Unsecured Personal Loan Flyer or contact the branch directly on
07 4760 1000.